Our Story

History

1959 We were established and began by concentrating on two areas: regenerating rubber and making the first rubber compounds. As a service company specialising in rubber compounding, we have kept to our 1959 philosophy of ‘exclusively producing compounds’.

1964 Our company needed larger premises and moved from the centre of Barcelona to Sant Just Desvern.

1969 Continued successes enabled us to expand our facilities and establish a manufacturing capacity of 2,000 tons per year.

1989 By the end of 1980s we had expanded again and were now producing a combined production capacity of 13,000 tons per year.

1995 By the mid 1990s we were at the forefront of rubber compounding having the best reputation in Spain and a strong reputation in Europe. The installation of a world class R&D centre, in particular, set us apart from our competitors.

FROM 2000

2000 By the turn of 2000 we had a capacity of 40,000 tons per year over three lines using the latest intermeshing mixing technology. We also held the prestigious quality award TS16949.

2003 We installed a state of the art Calendar Line.

2004 We installed inline strain on all production lines.

2008 A total upgrade of all mixing lines with full traceability was completed.

2013 SPC Europe acquired Jevsa SA, creating SPC-JEVSA. This has given us greater reach and the capacity to better service customers throughout Europe.